Valle Sur (southern valley) + Andean baroque + pick-up at Cusco airport
Why choose this tour?
- Visit 5 archaeological sites in one day.
- Enjoy the Pre-Incan, Incan and Colonial architecture and religious art with an small group of people.
We will travel south of Cusco to visit the chapel of Canincunca dedicated to Our Lady of Candelaria, venerated in the southern Andes. The location of the chapel suggest that the site served as a gathering point during Incan times that was re-utilize by Spaniers.
The journey willl continue to the town Huaro. There we will visit the colonial chaple of San Juan Bautista de Huaro build in the seventeenth century and finished in the eighteenth century. The Renaissance style of the altar contrast with the Baroque style of the murals flanking the entrance door. The paints of Tadeo Escalante, an artist of both Incan and European descent, adorn the 360 square meters of the ceeling and 575 square meters of walls.
We continue our tour arriving at the town of Andahuaylillas, to visit the Church of Pedro Apostle called "The Sistine of the Andes". The Church of Pedro Apostle is characterized by the masterful frescoes and the arwork of andean painters. The main altar is carved in the Andean baroque style and covered with 18 carat gold leaf.
Then we will continue to the archaeological complex of Pikillaqta. On the way you will be able to observe a wonderful view of the Wakarpay lagoon. Pikillaqta is a compound Quechua word that means "small town". Pikillacta was built by the Wari Culture (V century A.D. ) will give us a different view of Pre-Incan Cusco.
Our last stop will be the archaeological complex of Tipon. Located east to Cusco, Tipon covers an area of 2200 hectares. The irrigation system build by the Incas is impressive and still serves the fields nearby. The channeling of the river, the aqueducts and the almost vertical falls constitute a work of hydraulic engineering. Tipon must have been a very exclusive site. To the southwest of this archaeological site, on the almost vertical mountain surface is the cemetery named "Pitopuqyo" which today has looted tombs. In this place there were large quantities of cultural vestiges.
Return to Cusco.
- Pick-up at Cusco airport and transfer to hotel (available only for hotels in the downtown area).
- An experienced driver will pick you up from your hotel.
- Guided tour by a certified bilingual guide (English/Spanish).
- Small groups of 2-10 people.
- Visit to 5 tourist sites in the valley south to Cusco (Valle Sur).
- Lunch. There are several restaurant options along the route).
- Entrance tickets to:
S/. 70.00 per person (adult or childern). Two day entrance to archaeological sites.
S/ 130.00 per person (adult or childern). Ten days entrance to archaeological sites.
S/15.00 per person entrance to Barroco Andino route (Andean baroque)
- 2 people minimum.
- You will get an automated email with your reservation confirmation. Please send us your hotel or pick-up address and meal preferences to the same email address.
- If a reservation is canceled 2 days prior to the date of the tour, a 100% of the reservation will be charged as a penalty.
- If a reservation is canceled 2-7 days prior to the date of the tour, a 50% penalty is applied.
- Private groups get 100% flexibility.
- For security reasons the use of drones is not allowed in group tours.
- Weather: Cusco weather is unpredictable. Even the highest-rated apps fail to forecast the weather. But do not worry, we will be ready to guide you, just follow our recommendations.
- All passengers are required to wear masks and face shields in public areas
and private buses. Guides and drivers are subjected to the same requirements.
- Social distancing practices and use of hand sanitizer for all passengers and tour personnel.
- Body temperature checks for all passengers and tour personnel.
Select a date
Select a time
Pick up from hotel, if the hotel is located in the downtown area.
Cleanliness and Safety
We follow protocols to protect you against the COVID-19.